Rogelia Handbag is the result of a collaboration between a European sustainable avant-garde vision and, the colorful high-quality richness of traditional know-how from Guatemala.
Ethny is committed to cultural heritages and support the value of passing down tradition generation after generation. Every single item is a colorful expression of tradition and humanity.
- Rogelia Handbag measures long 12”, high 9”, and depth 5”.
- The leather used is a full grain leather made in Guatemala. The all process of the leather creation takes about few weeks. It is colored by a handmade process with plants.
- The weaving is entirely handmade on a backstrap loom respecting the ancient Mayan technique. It takes about 4 to 5 days to realize the weaving on this bag.
- The creation and assemblage of the bag is entirely handmade by a Guatemalan expert artisan in the country. It takes about 2 days for its creation.
- The threads are 100% cotton produced in Guatemala.
- The lining used is sateen produced in Guatemala.
Created in Guatemala by expert craftsmen.
10% of sales is donated to our artisans and local organizations.
Rogelia Cruz Born on August 31st 1941 and Miss Guatemala in 1959. She was know for her social involvement and implication in helping native people.
All her life, she fought to improve indigenous rights. During the revolutionary fight that lasted years in the country, she was transporting people to safer places. In December of 1967 she was captured for unjustified reasons, tortured and killed. Nowadays she is still remembered as a brave figure who fought for a better quality of life.